Performance by Design
High-Performance International Coach (HPIC) Accredited Training Program
The High-Performance International Coach (HPIC) Accredited Training Program offered by the World Coaching Institute is a comprehensive and globally recognized program designed to equip aspiring coaches with the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to excel as high-performance coaches in an international context. This intensive program focuses on enhancing coaching expertise, cultural intelligence, and intercultural communication skills to effectively support clients from diverse backgrounds.
The role of coaching in an executive environment
Coaching in an executive environment plays an important role in the development and growth of leaders and managers. Executive coaching is a process in which a coach works one-on-one with an executive or senior leader to help them achieve their personal and professional goals. The coach acts as a sounding board, providing feedback, guidance, and support, while also challenging the executive to think critically and creatively.
Some of the key benefits of coaching in an executive environment include:
- Developing leadership skills: Coaching can help executives develop the skills and knowledge they need to lead and manage effectively, such as communication, decision-making, and problem-solving.
- Improving performance: Coaching can help executives identify and overcome performance roadblocks, and set and achieve performance goals.
- Enhancing personal and professional growth: Coaching can help executives gain self-awareness and understand their strengths and weaknesses, which can lead to greater personal and professional growth.
- Providing support and accountability: Coaches can provide executives with a supportive and confidential environment in which to share their thoughts and concerns, and hold them accountable for taking action and making progress.
Coaching in an executive environment can also benefit organizations by improving the performance and effectiveness of their leaders and managers, and by fostering a culture of ongoing learning and development.
It’s important to mention that Executive coaching should be aligned with the organization’s strategy and goals, and that the coach should have a deep understanding of the industry and the organization’s culture.
There are various methods that can be used to measure potential at work, including:
- Assessments: Various types of assessments, such as cognitive ability tests, personality tests, and situational judgment tests, can be used to measure an individual’s potential to perform in a particular role.
- Interviews: Behavioral and situational interviews can provide insight into an individual’s past performance and potential future performance.
- 360-degree feedback: This method involves collecting feedback from an individual’s colleagues, supervisors, and subordinates, to provide a well-rounded view of the individual’s potential and performance.
- Simulation exercises: Role-playing exercises and other simulations can provide insight into how an individual might perform in a particular situation or role.
It’s important to note that measuring potential is not an exact science and should be used in combination with other types of evaluation such as performance appraisal, job knowledge, and experience.
Program Duration: 12 months (part-time)
Accreditation: The HPIC Accredited Training Program is accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), ensuring the highest standards in coaching education and professional development.
- Foundation Phase (3 months):
- Introduction to Coaching: Overview of coaching principles, ethics, and core competencies.
- Coaching Skills Development: Developing effective listening, questioning, and feedback skills.
- Coaching Models and Techniques: Exploring various coaching models and techniques for goal setting, action planning, and accountability.
- Coaching Assessment Tools: Understanding and utilizing assessment tools to support the coaching process.
- Cultural Intelligence: Building cultural awareness and sensitivity to work effectively with diverse clients.
- Advanced Coaching Competencies (4 months):
- Advanced Coaching Skills: Enhancing coaching presence, intuition, and emotional intelligence.
- Coaching Specializations: Exploring coaching approaches for leadership development, career transition, performance enhancement, and other specialized areas.
- Coaching for High Performance: Strategies to help clients unlock their full potential and achieve exceptional results.
- Team Coaching: Understanding team dynamics and applying coaching principles to enhance team performance.
- Cross-Cultural Coaching: Developing skills to navigate cultural differences and coach clients from various cultural backgrounds.
- International Coaching Practicum (3 months):
- Supervised Coaching Practice: Engaging in supervised coaching sessions with diverse clients.
- Case Studies and Assessments: Analyzing coaching cases, receiving feedback, and developing coaching competencies.
- Professional Ethics and Standards: Adhering to the ICF Code of Ethics and maintaining professional standards.
- Professional Development and Integration (2 months):
- Business Development for Coaches: Strategies for marketing, branding, and establishing a coaching practice.
- Continued Education and Research: Encouraging ongoing learning and staying updated with the latest coaching trends and research.
- Final Assessment and Certification: Evaluation of coaching competence and successful completion of the program.
- Online Learning Platform: Access to a user-friendly online platform with comprehensive learning materials, videos, and interactive modules.
- Virtual Classroom Sessions: Live virtual classes facilitated by experienced coach trainers to enhance learning and foster discussion.
- Group Coaching and Peer Feedback: Collaborative learning through group coaching sessions and peer feedback exercises.
- Mentorship and Supervision: One-on-one mentorship and supervision by seasoned international coaches to provide guidance and support throughout the program.
Upon successful completion of the HPIC Accredited Training Program, participants will:
- Possess a deep understanding of coaching principles, ethics, and core competencies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a wide range of coaching techniques and models.
- Exhibit cultural intelligence and intercultural communication skills to work effectively with clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Apply advanced coaching skills to support clients in achieving high-performance outcomes.
- Effectively coach individuals and teams in an international context.
- Establish a professional coaching practice with a strong foundation in business development.
- Adhere to professional ethics and standards set by the World Coaching Institute (WCI).
Upon meeting all program requirements and successfully passing the final assessment, participants will be awarded the High-Performance International Coach (HPIC) Certification by the World Coaching Institute (WCI)